Eclipse Crashing During starting up

I have experienced several issues of eclipse crashing with workspace configured.
It would generally take lot of time and will simply display the splash screen.

Initially I thought it is due to lack of memory(RAM), but I saw similar symptoms even with massive
configuration(16GB Ram, Quad Core etc)

After googling I found the actual cause of eclipse crashing,

The solution is simple, delete specific .snap file from eclipse workspace location.

For me deleting the following files worked,

\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.snap
  and
\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.root\.markers.snap


Eclipse uses .snap files for remembering workspace state during runtime.

Deleting these files' does not effect any projects in the workspace, every thing for me just worked fine.


Comments

  1. Good one, it helped me to correct Eclipse Indigo, which I had to force shutdown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Converting Java Map to String

Difference between volatile and synchronized

Invoking EJB deployed on a remote machine